Gooroo - Data and Machine Learning Engineer
Data and Machine Learning Engineer
- Prahran (VIC, Australia)
- $100,000 - $130,000 (AUD) P/A
Gooroo is an ASX listed technology company capable of mapping how different people think and make decisions in their lives and at work. Gooroo applies this technology in the areas of Human Capital, Marketing and Careers.
This is a great opportunity to utilise your skills and knowledge in Software Engineering and Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence, build world-class models by investigating key problems and delivering scalable code that can be put into production.
Gooroo powers business transformation by helping customers:
- Understand the capability and potential of existing staff and where best to deploy, develop or retire
- Identify their future managers and leaders
- Evaluate and monitor culture; highlighting the priority steps to better balance and harmony
- Design more collaborative and higher performing teams
- Achieve better fit in hiring by matching people to roles and teams
- Build talent pools of skilled workers and contractors
- Understand how people are likely to engage with their product and brand
- Influence individuals or groups of people through tailored, personalised messaging
- Deliver career solutions for both students and transitioning workers that predict career pathways and connect them to learning and jobs.
Experiment with machine learning, deep learning, academic research and new data sources to enhance the machine learning capability
Lead data science initiatives through iterative experimentation, prototyping, development, and productisation
Produce high-quality code in collaboration with the software engineering team
Review and improve code into reusable libraries, APIs and tools
Be part of the journey to shape the evolution of Gooroos data-driven products and platform
Build and maintain big data pipelines
Background in Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Statistics
Solid hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing and modeling of data.
Strong programming skills and use of machine learning libraries in Python and/or R
Solid knowledge of Big Data technologies
Experience in productization of machine learning algorithms
Able to work with different data types e.g. streaming, real-time, file based, RDMS, unstructured data etc.
Experience working in cloud deployment and management (especially Azure).
An open mindset and proven ability to innovate and influence.
Reporting directly to the Development Team Lead, you will be given the freedom to solve complex problems in a demanding and rewarding environment.For more information on how Gooroo utilises applications of big data, machine learning and NLP technologies, read our recent blog post here.
In applying for this job, you will be required to answer questions relating to your experience with the following skills.